Project made by Final Year Mechanical Student of batch 2k18
Mr. Jaykant Taywade, Pawan Chadhokar,Sweekar Dandhare,Vaibhav Rokde , Saurabh Nimbalkar, Shreyash Kukade,Arif Pinjare, under the guidance of Mr. Harish . S. Bhatkulkar .
Expanding fuel costs and ever-increasing pollution are the significant bad effects of I.C. Engines. So the need of some alternative energy has turned out to be fundamental. In an endeavor, the present work identifies with an electromagnetic piston engine capable of producing driving power by a reciprocal movement of a piston in a cylinder utilizing electromagnetic force. The main purpose of the endeavor is the zero point fuel use. The working principle here is the magnetic repulsion between the same poles of two distinct magnets. This phenomenon is used in this engine to make to and fro movement of the piston in the cylinder. It comprises of two magnets, one of them is an electromagnet and other one is a permanent magnet. Permanent magnet acts as piston and electromagnet is located at the end of the cylinder instead of spark plug. The electromagnet is energized by a battery source of suitable voltage and the polarities of electromagnet are set such that for same polarities these magnets will repulse and for inverse polarities they will draw in, accordingly causing back and forth movement of the piston in the cylinder which is then changed over into a revolving movement by the crank shaft which in turn is coupled to the wheels that makes the wheels turn. Thus we can run electric vehicle without a motor and the energy is extracted in a clean way as it does not require fuels reducing the air pollution.
How it is helpful to the society (Social / Environmental/ Industrial /Agricultural/ Research Based / Safety/ Unconventional Energy Source)
Electric vehicles (EVs) are often seen as a key driver towards a greener future. There are number of benefits of Electric vehicles to the society over conventional petrol/diesel engines.
• An EV has zero exhaust emissions. By choosing to drive an EV you are helping to reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions.
• Reduced harmful exhaust emission and better air quality will lead to less health problems.
• Electric vehicles are quieter than petrol/diesel vehicles means less noise pollution.
• Much lower running cost.
• Battery Electric vehicles has a less moving parts than a conventional petrol/diesel car.
• There is relatively little servicing and no expensive exhaust systems, starter motors, fuel injection systems, radiators and many other parts that aren’t needed in an EV.
• EVs are easy to power from local and renewable energy sources, reducing our dependence on foreign oil. There are also better employment benefits for Australians through the use of locally produced electricity.
• If renewable energy is used to recharge EVs , greenhouse gas emissions can reduce even further. EVs can be recharged from solar PV system during the day instead of from the grid.