5 tips for improving the performance/efficiency of your refrigerator, which will in turn lower your exposure to the 60 Hz AC magnetic field it creates.
1. Keep the coils and compressor clean
2. Leave 3" of space on all sides for airflow
3. Add jugs of water to the fridge and freezer
4. Wait for hot/warm foods to cool before refrigerating them
5. Know how much power it should be using — compare to what it actually draws.
Refrigerator and Freezer Energy Rating Database: http://www.kouba-cavallo.com/refmods.htm