Dr. Lai notes that even tiny doses of radio frequency can cumulate over time and lead to harmful effects. He warns that public exposure to radiation from wireless transmitters "should be limited to minimal." Motorola advises consumers to avoid pointing a cellular antenna toward exposed parts of the body.
But independent tests show the wireless phones can also leak huge amounts of radiation from the keypad and mouthpiece. This radiation deeply penetrates brain, ear and eye tissues, which are especially susceptible to microwave damage. Belt clip cases allow cell phones to deliver radiation to the liver or kidney areas when a wired, hands-free earpiece is used.
Recent studies confirm that cell and cordless phone microwave can:
• Damage nerves in the scalp
• Cause blood cells to leak hemoglobin
• Cause memory loss and mental confusion
• Cause headaches and induce extreme fatigue
• Create joint pain, muscle spasms and tremors
• Create burning sensation and rash on the skin
• Alter the brain's electrical activity during sleep
• Induce ringing ! in the ears, impair sense of smell
• Precipitate cataracts, retina damage and eye cancer
• Open the blood-brain barrier to viruses and toxins
• Stimulate asthma by producing histamine in mast cells
• Cause digestive problems and raise bad cholesterol levels
• Stress the endocrine system, especially pancreas, thyroid, ovaries, testes